The Clap Google will begin paying a portion of its employees’ bonus checks in March-April as it looks to push back payouts.
What The company will pay 80% of employee bonus checks in January, while the remaining 20% will be paid sometime in March-April.
So What Payments made in April will fall under Q2 expenses rather than Q1, helping Google to better spread out its costs rather than have a larger sum in a smaller period. The cost distribution also helps Google to avoid mass layoffs that have taken the tech industry by storm.
Now What This step is seen as a transition as Google plan on paying full bonus checks in March after 2023.